The age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists and calculators has succeeded.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Hack!

Today I attended the interview for my journalism course which was an experience to say the least. Firstly it must be said how stupid I am. Not only did I not know who Andrew Motion was (Poet Laureate, fact fans) but I also couldn't remember, or just straight didn't know, the two official languages of Belgium, what AM means after a politician's name or who wrote Pride and Prejudice ... okay perhaps I did know that last one.

It's J.K. Rowling, right?

Anyway, after a two hour aptitude test (which I forgot to bring a pen for) I finally got around to speaking with the head lecturer chap. And he really liked me. He said he was glad that I had applied because when he talked to me at the open evening, he thought I was the kind of guy he'd really want on the course. Ah, the old troubadour charm - not only does it get me drinks and cancelled parking tickets, it also helps me better myself academically.

Anyway, I'm really happy- it seems whatever I do in September, it's going to be really enjoyable. Huzzah!

Ps- Red got her marks back for her essay - 85% and a shot at a distinction for her MA. God that girl's good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all down to some fairly essential inspiration, methinks. mm hmm.

11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home