The age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists and calculators has succeeded.

Friday, January 27, 2006

In search of pecuniary fulfilment...

Alright, so it's not just pecuniary fulfilment I'm gunning for...

After a rather long hiatus, I feel obliged to our wonderful readership to update you on the meanderings of my existence. Also, Wide's little prick (or should I say, stab?) has spurred me into action.

Since I finished the grand master-verk in September, I have been variously engaged in going to Venice, snow-assisted light sabre fights, paint spillages and, perhaps most importantly, carving out a niche for myself in the rat race.

Sadly, like a marvellous ice-sculpture, one starts with a glowing, sharp view of one's expectations from a career. And as the competition heats up and the stimulating opportunities grow thin on the ground, there begins a sense of... slippage.
So, I have now broadened my ideal job description from 'creative academic benign-Machiavellian rock star activist' (something like bono, I suppose) to include other ways of making life better. Like policy research. Let's face it, I was always going to end up doing something of that ilk.... and I haven't really got the legs for leather trousers, which are probably necessary to fit the profile of the former career.

So! Its application time... and I am blowing my trumpet so vociferously that I am in danger of running out of metaphorical puff....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home